Director of Product Management
About Tidal: Make Threat-Informed Defense a Reality
Tidal Cyber’s mission is to put the power of threat-informed defense into the hands of end-users. We seek to empower our users to understand and evaluate options by providing them with critical information regarding the threats to their organization and defensive capabilities they can bring to bear to defend against them. Ultimately, we enable them to make their own educated decisions on how to best defend their organization against the threats that matter most to them.
Trust and collaboration are paramount to our success, and as such, Tidal fosters diversity in thinking and encourages open and respectful dialogue. As a team, we will continually learn from one another, and make progress towards our mission of delivering threat-informed defense at scale.
As a Director of Product Management, you will be part of the founding team of a high-growth venture-funded startup. Working directly for the Tidal Chief Technology Officer, you will be responsible for advancing our SaaS product offering by leveraging a deep understanding of user requirements; an ability to elicit what customers need; a steadfast intellectual honesty and commitment to gathering and presenting unbiased evidence from the market; an ability to collaborate with others, who will have a different perspective, across the organization; and a strong attention to detail.
About the Role
Location: Full-time Remote
The Director of Product Management role is at the center-of-mass of Tidal. You will have incredible impact while driving the direction of our threat-informed defense offerings and helping coordinate the activities of engineering, product marketing, and services to delight our customers and grow our company. The Director of Product Management must contribute to the product team a solid knowledge of the various constraints of the business. The Director of Product Management must also contribute to the product team a deep knowledge of our users and customers, and the data about how our customers engage with our products. Finally, the Director of Product Management is expected to track industry trends and the competitive landscape as they pertain to our products.
• With minimal oversight, deliver successful solutions that require complex execution interacting with multiple teams.
• Develop and maintain your product and domain knowledge to proactively identify areas of opportunity.
• Stay abreast of security technologies in use by our customers.
• Stay abreast of trends in the technology industry and particularly in enterprise software environments.
• Continually analyze the competitive environment.
• Talk with customers and subject-matter experts regularly in formal research settings and during product roadmap calls to understand their unmet needs.
• Collaborate with design and engineering to discover our customers’ unmet needs.
• Engage with sales, marketing, and business development to process and understand the input they are receiving from existing and prospective customers and strategic partners.
• Work with UX researchers to put together research agendas, review research questions, identify research cohorts, sit in during customer interviews, review research findings.
• Analyze customer usage data to create a data-informed perspective on user needs.
• Learn, understand, and stay abreast of our business. Develop working relationships with sales, marketing, finance, legal, etc. Be a voice for their interests on the product team.
• Write and edit documents and create compelling presentations to communicate your plans and ideas to the rest of the team. Present your ideas to stakeholders across the organization.
• Organize work into JIRA projects, epics, and stories. Write compelling and clear user stories. Keep the team's work properly prioritized. Create reliable delivery estimates and communicate them regularly with stakeholders.
• Define, track, and report on the post-launch success metrics for the deliverables.
• Confidently define the product roadmap in a way to support our corporate growth strategy.
• Grow and lead Tidal’s Product Management Division
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
• Demonstrated understanding of the techniques and methods of modern product discovery and product delivery.
• 7+ years working on technology-powered products as either a product manager, product designer, engineer, data analyst, data scientist, or user researcher.
• Demonstrated ability to learn multiple functional areas of business – engineering, design, finance, sales, or marketing.
• Demonstrated ability to figure out solutions to hard problems with many constraints, using sound judgement to assess risks, and to lay out your argument in a well-structured, data-informed, written narrative.
• Proven ability to engage with engineers, designers, and company leaders in a constructive and collaborative relationship.
• Ability to travel periodically to Tidal locations, to meet with partners and customers, or to attend industry conferences as needed.
• Embodies deep empathy for customers and users.
• Experience in the information security or cybersecurity field
• Experience in the enterprise software market
• A passion for security and making the world a safer place
We know that innovation thrives on product teams where diverse points of view come together to solve hard problems in ways that are just now possible. As such, we explicitly seek people that bring diverse life experiences, diverse educational backgrounds, diverse cultures, and diverse work experiences. Please be prepared to share with us how your perspective will bring something unique and valuable to our product teams. Tidal is an equal opportunity employer.
*To apply for this position, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply directly to the job posting on LinkedIn.