Cyber Threat Intelligence Analyst
Location: (Full-time remote)
$130,000 to $160,000 base salary with annual cash bonus, incentive stock ownership, 100% paid premiums for medical, dental and vision, unlimited paid time off and other benefits
About Tidal: Make Threat-Informed Defense a Reality
Tidal Cyber’s mission is to put the power of threat-informed defense into the hands of end-users. We seek to empower our users to understand and evaluate options by providing them with critical information regarding the threats to their organization and defensive capabilities they can bring to bear to defend against them. Ultimately, we enable them to make their own educated decisions on how to best defend their organization against the threats that matter most to them.
Trust and collaboration are paramount to our success, and as such, Tidal fosters diversity in thinking and encourages open and respective dialog. As a team, we will continually learn from one another, and make progress towards our mission of delivering threat-informed defense at scale.
As part of the Threat Research and Solutions Division, the cyber threat intelligence team plays a pivotal role in delivering threat-informed defense at scale by keeping pace with real-world threat behavior, identifying trends, and researching new ways of making sense of adversary activity. This team is responsible for creating a more complete picture of the threat landscape to help organizations prioritize the adversary behaviors that are most relevant to them, as well as how to better defend against them. The threat intelligence team will regularly engage across cybersecurity organizations spanning red team, security operations, and leadership, placing a heavy emphasis on effective communication.
About the Role
Tidal Cyber is seeking a threat intelligence analyst to be part of a team of talented threat intelligence analysts. This role will focus on both maintaining in depth knowledge of past and present adversary behavior, as well as leaning forward to understand how threats are evolving. You will be part of a team whose chief responsibility is to advance threat intelligence by researching innovative ways of processing it to provide organizations with a clearer understanding of what adversaries are doing, and more critically, how they can best defend against it.
This position requires someone who is passionate about how CTI, red teaming, and blue teaming come together to enable organizations to better understand the threat landscape and continually improve. As such, communication will be an integral part of your day-to-day activities within Tidal, to our customers, and the community at large.
· Help build a first-class threat intelligence team
· Advance threat-informed defense, and ATT&CK at-large concepts through research and implementation of new intelligence analysis techniques
· Identify new ways of leveraging threat-intelligence to broaden its utility across the Global 5000.
· Collect and analyze open source and proprietary threat reporting to provide predictive and actionable cyber threat intelligence
· Partner with the Tidal adversary emulation team to define requirements to ensure accuracy of behaviors tested
· Create content to drive public awareness and utilization of threat-intelligence
· Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
· Minimum of five (5) years of experience in infosec (e.g., threat intel, red team, SOC analyst, reverse engineering)
· Minimum of two (2) years of experience processing and/or leveraging threat intelligence.
· Excellent communication skills for technical analysis, across cyber related disciplines
· Demonstrated strong knowledge of cyber adversary behaviors
· Demonstrated ability to map adversary behaviors to MITRE ATT&CK®
· Understood the role threat intelligence plays in advancing security
· Demonstrated strong commitment to team
· Self-directed learning of current cyber threat intelligence
· Has experience automating analysis and data collection through APIs
We know that innovation thrives on product teams where diverse points of view come together to solve hard problems in ways that are just now possible. As such, we explicitly seek people that bring diverse life experiences, diverse educational backgrounds, diverse cultures, and diverse work experiences. Please be prepared to share with us how your perspective will bring something unique and valuable to our product teams.
*To apply for this position, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply directly to the job posting on LinkedIn.